Budget 2018 marks the next step in our plan to grow the middle class, and help every Canadian working hard to join it. We’re continuing with our plan to build a more competitive, diverse and inclusive Canada:
- Help ensure equality of opportunity for women – and all Canadians – with new ways to share parental responsibilities with their partners, new legislation and leadership to address the gender pay gap, and benefits to allow parents to return to work sooner.
- Create a new Advisory Council on the Implementation of a National Pharmacare Program, which will propose a path forward on pharmacare that puts Canadians first.
- Help close the gap between the quality of life between Indigenous and non-Indigenous people, through increased community support, accelerated progress on clean drinking water, better housing, and employment, and support for the recognition of rights and self determination.
- Reduce taxes for small businesses, providing them with more money to invest, grow, and create new jobs.
- Put more money in the pockets of those who need it the most, by improving access to the Canada Child Benefit and introducing the new Canada Workers Benefit.
- Make the single largest investment in fundamental research, and one of the most significant commitments to nature conservation, in Canada’s history.
Every Canadian deserves a real and fair shot at success, and that’s what Budget 2018 is all about. Add your name to show your support.
The closer we get to the 2019 election, the harder the Conservatives will work to try and stop our progress. Let’s show them that Liberals are in this together, and are ready to keep working hard for all Canadians.
Information on Contributions
All Canadians with taxable income receive generous tax credits when they donate to the Liberal Party of Canada. The size of your reduction in taxes payable depends on the sum of all your political contributions.
If you have already made a contribution this year, please use the table below to calculate your cumulative tax credit.
- Donations between 0 and $400: give you a 75 per cent refund
- Donations between $400 and $750: give you $300 plus 50 per cent of any amount over $400
- Donations over $750: give you $475 plus 33 1/3 per cent of any amount over $750 up to a maximum of $650 per year
Limits on Contributions
Only Canadian citizens or permanent residents may make political contributions, in each of the following amounts:
- No more than $1,575 in any calendar year to each registered political party
- No more than $1,575 in total in any calendar year to the combined entities of each registered political party (Electoral District Associations, Nomination Contestants and Candidate campaigns)
- No more than $1,575 in total between all registered leadership contestants in a particular leadership contest.