After months of negotiations and hard work, Canada reached an agreement-in-principle with the United States and Mexico on a modernized North American Free Trade Agreement – which will now be called the United States-Mexico-Canada Agreement (USMCA).
It’s an agreement that will be good for Canadian workers, businesses, and families.
It removes uncertainty for Canadian manufacturers and investors, and improves labour rights for all North Americans. And it’s an agreement that will be profoundly beneficial for our economy, for Canadian families, and for the middle class.
From the beginning, Justin Trudeau, Chrystia Freeland, and the Liberal team have been clear that we will always stand up for Canadian jobs and defend Canadian interests.
Add your name to support the Liberal government’s work to secure a good deal for Canada.
Information on Contributions
All Canadians with taxable income receive generous tax credits when they donate to the Liberal Party of Canada. The size of your reduction in taxes payable depends on the sum of all your political contributions.
If you have already made a contribution this year, please use the table below to calculate your cumulative tax credit.
- Donations between 0 and $400: give you a 75 per cent refund
- Donations between $400 and $750: give you $300 plus 50 per cent of any amount over $400
- Donations over $750: give you $475 plus 33 1/3 per cent of any amount over $750 up to a maximum of $650 per year
Limits on Contributions
Only Canadian citizens or permanent residents may make political contributions, in each of the following amounts:
- No more than $1,575 in any calendar year to each registered political party
- No more than $1,575 in total in any calendar year to the combined entities of each registered political party (Electoral District Associations, Nomination Contestants and Candidate campaigns)
- No more than $1,575 in total between all registered leadership contestants in a particular leadership contest.