Budget 2019 outlines the next steps in the Liberal team’s plan to invest in a strong middle class and build a better future for Canadians.
In addition to our continued work to strengthen the middle class, protect a clean environment for future generations of Canadians, and grow an economy that works for everyone, Budget 2019 is taking our plan even further by:
- Investing in affordable housing and support for first-time home buyers (including the new First-Time Home Buyer Incentive), because every Canadian deserves a safe and affordable place to call home.
- Moving forward on Implementing National Pharmacare, because no Canadian should have to choose between getting the prescriptions they need or putting food on the table, or go without necessary medications, because they can’t afford it.
- Introducing the Canada Training Benefit — a plan to help Canadians get the skills training they need for their current or future jobs, with new steps to help Canadians with the cost of training fees, more help for workers on training leave, and new leave provisions to protect workers’ ability to take time away from work to pursue training.
- Making new investments to help make retirement more financially secure for Canadians, and empowering Canada’s seniors to keep more money in their pockets, stay active and involved in their communities, and be able to count on strong pensions.
Show your support for Budget 2019, and the Liberal team’s progress to invest in a strong middle class.
Information on Contributions
All Canadians with taxable income receive generous tax credits when they donate to the Liberal Party of Canada. The size of your reduction in taxes payable depends on the sum of all your political contributions.
If you have already made a contribution this year, please use the table below to calculate your cumulative tax credit.
- Donations between 0 and $400: give you a 75 per cent refund
- Donations between $400 and $750: give you $300 plus 50 per cent of any amount over $400
- Donations over $750: give you $475 plus 33⅓ per cent of any amount over $750 up to a maximum of $650 per year
Limits on Contributions
Only Canadian citizens or permanent residents may make political contributions, in each of the following amounts:
- No more than $1,650 in any calendar year to each registered political party
- No more than $1,650 in total in any calendar year to the combined entities of each registered political party (Electoral District Associations, Nomination Contestants and Candidate campaigns)
- No more than $1,650 in total between all registered leadership contestants in a particular leadership contest.
Your support helps build a better Canada. Have more questions about donating to the Liberal Party of Canada? Visit our information page about how you can contribute and support our progress for Canadians.