As we Warm Up for 2020 (and the start of a new mandate!), we’re counting on your support to help ensure Justin Trudeau and our Liberal team can continue building a better future for all Canadians.
If you chip in $100 or more now, we’ll send you a one-of-a-kind Liberal toque as a token of our thanks. If you chip in $250 or more, we’ll send you a limited-edition Liberal scarf. Better yet, if you chip in $350 or more, we’ll send you both!
And don’t forget that December 31 is your last chance to get up to 75% of any 2019 donation back in tax credits. Don’t wait!
Chip in now to support Justin Trudeau and our Liberal team, and help ensure a strong start to 2020:
Information on Contributions
All Canadians with taxable income receive generous tax credits when they donate to the Liberal Party of Canada. The size of your reduction in taxes payable depends on the sum of all your political contributions.
If you have already made a contribution this year, please use the table below to calculate your cumulative tax credit.
- Donations between 0 and $400: give you a 75 per cent refund
- Donations between $400 and $750: give you $300 plus 50 per cent of any amount over $400
- Donations over $750: give you $475 plus 33 1/3 per cent of any amount over $750 up to a maximum of $650 per year
Limits on Contributions
Only Canadian citizens or permanent residents may make political contributions, in each of the following amounts:
- No more than $1,600 in any calendar year to each registered political party
- No more than $1,600 in total in any calendar year to the combined entities of each registered political party (Electoral District Associations, Nomination Contestants and Candidate campaigns)
- No more than $1,600 in total between all registered leadership contestants in a particular leadership contest.