Canadians are tired of excuses — too many people have lost loved ones to gun violence in this country. And “thoughts and prayers” from politicians aren’t going to cut it.
A re-elected Liberal team will take serious, common-sense action to strengthen gun control and crack down on gun crime.
- We’re going to ban all military-style assault rifles, including the AR-15.
- We’ll work with Mayors and Premiers from across the country to give them the ability to further restrict — and even ban — handguns.
- We’ll ensure that people who are suspected of being a danger to themselves or others — like their partner or kids — aren’t allowed to own or buy a gun.
If you agree, add your name.
Information on Contributions
All Canadians with taxable income receive generous tax credits when they donate to the Liberal Party of Canada. The size of your reduction in taxes payable depends on the sum of all your political contributions.
If you have already made a contribution this year, please use the table below to calculate your cumulative tax credit.
- Donations between 0 and $400: give you a 75 per cent refund
- Donations between $400 and $750: give you $300 plus 50 per cent of any amount over $400
- Donations over $750: give you $475 plus 33 1/3 per cent of any amount over $750 up to a maximum of $650 per year
Limits on Contributions
Only Canadian citizens or permanent residents may make political contributions, in each of the following amounts:
- No more than $1,600 in any calendar year to each registered political party
- No more than $1,600 in total in any calendar year to the combined entities of each registered political party (Electoral District Associations, Nomination Contestants and Candidate campaigns)
- No more than $1,600 in total between all registered leadership contestants in a particular leadership contest.