Justin Trudeau and the Liberal team have a real plan to protect our environment and grow our economy, including by putting a price on pollution – and the plan is working. Our emissions are going down, and our economy is booming.
When pollution costs money, businesses are motivated to pollute less. And when there’s a price in place, this spurs clean innovation and a pathway for the good middle class jobs that our kids and grandkids will need.
It’s a proven strategy to reduce emissions, makes sense for families and consumers, and puts money back in the pockets of Canadians.
And in provinces where there’s no plan in place, a Climate Action Incentive will be sent directly to families.
In Ontario, that means an average refund of $300 in 2019 for the average household, with payments increasing annually. With our plan to put a price on pollution, the vast majority of families will be better off at the end of the year.
If you support action to protect the environment, sign up to our email list to stay informed about the Liberal plan to fight climate change.
Information on Contributions
All Canadians with taxable income receive generous tax credits when they donate to the Liberal Party of Canada. The size of your reduction in taxes payable depends on the sum of all your political contributions.
If you have already made a contribution this year, please use the table below to calculate your cumulative tax credit.
- Donations between 0 and $400: give you a 75 per cent refund
- Donations between $400 and $750: give you $300 plus 50 per cent of any amount over $400
- Donations over $750: give you $475 plus 33 1/3 per cent of any amount over $750 up to a maximum of $650 per year
Limits on Contributions
Only Canadian citizens or permanent residents may make political contributions, in each of the following amounts:
- No more than $1,600 in any calendar year to each registered political party
- No more than $1,600 in total in any calendar year to the combined entities of each registered political party (Electoral District Associations, Nomination Contestants and Candidate campaigns)
- No more than $1,600 in total between all registered leadership contestants in a particular leadership contest.