The Liberal plan is working for Canadians. Since 2015, Canadians have created more than half a million new full-time jobs. Unemployment is at a 40-year low, wages are up, and taxes are lower for the middle class and small businesses.
This year’s Fall Economic Statement is the next step in our plan — investing in middle class jobs and supporting Canadian businesses by:
- Introducing new tax incentives to encourage business investment in Canada;
- Making Canada the most globally connected economy in the world;
- Modernizing the Canadian regulatory system to make it easier for businesses to grow; and
- Removing barriers to trade within Canada
We need your support to continue delivering real change for Canadians. If you’re proud of the work we’ve done to grow the economy, be part of what’s next. Add your name today.
Information on Contributions
All Canadians with taxable income receive generous tax credits when they donate to the Liberal Party of Canada. The size of your reduction in taxes payable depends on the sum of all your political contributions.
If you have already made a contribution this year, please use the table below to calculate your cumulative tax credit.
- Donations between 0 and $400: give you a 75 per cent refund
- Donations between $400 and $750: give you $300 plus 50 per cent of any amount over $400
- Donations over $750: give you $475 plus 33 1/3 per cent of any amount over $750 up to a maximum of $650 per year
Limits on Contributions
Only Canadian citizens or permanent residents may make political contributions, in each of the following amounts:
- No more than $1,600 in any calendar year to each registered political party
- No more than $1,600 in total in any calendar year to the combined entities of each registered political party (Electoral District Associations, Nomination Contestants and Candidate campaigns)
- No more than $1,600 in total between all registered leadership contestants in a particular leadership contest.