While Justin Trudeau and the Liberal team are working hard to make life easier for middle class families, Conservatives like Doug Ford and Andrew Scheer are focused on cutting vital programs that affect us all.
In Ontario, Doug Ford has already cut crucial funding for schools, farmers, seniors, Franco-Ontarians, students, children, and healthcare. We can expect the same from Scheer’s Conservatives.
- Cuts to the Canada Child Benefit.
- Cuts to affordable housing.
- Cuts to OAS and Canada Pension Plan enhancements.
- Zero action on climate change to protect a clean environment for our kids and grandkids.
That’s not “for the people.”
Since 2015, the Liberal plan has seen Canadians create more than 1 million new jobs and more than 825,000 Canadians have been lifted out of poverty. Our plan is working, but there is much more to do.
We can’t let Conservatives roll back our progress. Stand with our team and help stop them in October.
Information on Contributions
All Canadians with taxable income receive generous tax credits when they donate to the Liberal Party of Canada. The size of your reduction in taxes payable depends on the sum of all your political contributions.
If you have already made a contribution this year, please use the table below to calculate your cumulative tax credit.
- Donations between 0 and $400: give you a 75 per cent refund
- Donations between $400 and $750: give you $300 plus 50 per cent of any amount over $400
- Donations over $750: give you $475 plus 33 1/3 per cent of any amount over $750 up to a maximum of $650 per year
Limits on Contributions
Only Canadian citizens or permanent residents may make political contributions, in each of the following amounts:
- No more than $1,600 in any calendar year to each registered political party
- No more than $1,600 in total in any calendar year to the combined entities of each registered political party (Electoral District Associations, Nomination Contestants and Candidate campaigns)
- No more than $1,600 in total between all registered leadership contestants in a particular leadership contest.