Trade is about people. It’s about creating the best possible conditions for growth, for jobs, and for the prosperity of working families and all Canadians.
NAFTA’s track record is one of economic growth and middle class job creation — both in Canada and throughout North America. Modernizing NAFTA is an opportunity to make an already a good agreement even better, because when the middle class succeeds, all of Canada succeeds.
Add your name to show your support for the work Justin Trudeau and the Liberal team are doing to grow the middle class, and to build a better future for all Canadians.
Information on Contributions
All Canadians with taxable income receive generous tax credits when they donate to the Liberal Party of Canada. The size of your reduction in taxes payable depends on the sum of all your political contributions.
If you have already made a contribution this year, please use the table below to calculate your cumulative tax credit.
- Donations between 0 and $400: give you a 75 per cent refund
- Donations between $400 and $750: give you $300 plus 50 per cent of any amount over $400
- Donations over $750: give you $475 plus 33 1/3 per cent of any amount over $750 up to a maximum of $650 per year
Limits on Contributions
Only Canadian citizens or permanent residents may make political contributions, in each of the following amounts:
- No more than $1,600 in any calendar year to each registered political party
- No more than $1,600 in total in any calendar year to the combined entities of each registered political party (Electoral District Associations, Nomination Contestants and Candidate campaigns)
- No more than $1,600 in total between all registered leadership contestants in a particular leadership contest.