While Justin Trudeau and the Liberal team are working hard to make life easier for middle class families, Conservatives like Doug Ford and Andrew Scheer are focused on cutting vital programs and services at the expense of everyday Canadians.
In Ontario, Doug Ford’s first budget has cut crucial services and funding for libraries, schools, farmers, seniors, Franco-Ontarians, students, children, and those who rely on community social services.
And Andrew Scheer takes his cues from Doug Ford – so Canadians can expect much the same from Scheer’s Conservatives.
- Cuts to the Canada Child Benefit.
- Cuts to affordable housing.
- Cuts to OAS and Canada Pension Plan enhancements.
- And no action on climate change, or to protect a clean environment for our kids and grandkids.
That’s not “for the people.”
Since 2015, the Liberal plan has seen Canadians create more than 1 million new jobs, and more than 825,000 Canadians have been lifted out of poverty.
Real change is working, and there’s much more to do. We can’t let Conservatives roll back our progress.
Add your name to stand up to Conservative cuts from Doug Ford and Andrew Scheer.
Information on Contributions
All Canadians with taxable income receive generous tax credits when they donate to the Liberal Party of Canada. The size of your reduction in taxes payable depends on the sum of all your political contributions.
If you have already made a contribution this year, please use the table below to calculate your cumulative tax credit.
- Donations between 0 and $400: give you a 75 per cent refund
- Donations between $400 and $750: give you $300 plus 50 per cent of any amount over $400
- Donations over $750: give you $475 plus 33⅓ per cent of any amount over $750 up to a maximum of $650 per year
Limits on Contributions
Only Canadian citizens or permanent residents may make political contributions, in each of the following amounts:
- No more than $1,625 in any calendar year to each registered political party
- No more than $1,625 in total in any calendar year to the combined entities of each registered political party (Electoral District Associations, Nomination Contestants and Candidate campaigns)
- No more than $1,625 in total between all registered leadership contestants in a particular leadership contest.
Your support helps build a better Canada. Have more questions about donating to the Liberal Party of Canada? Visit our information page about how you can contribute and support our progress for Canadians.