Last summer, Justin Trudeau became the first sitting Prime Minister to march in a Pride Parade, sending a powerful message that Canada stands with our LGBTQ2 community.
But Conservative MP Brad Trost says he’ll turn back the clock on equal marriage and will never march in Pride Parades (he says he’s uncomfortable with ‘the whole gay thing’) – and he’s running to lead the Conservative Party.
It’s another example of how out of touch the Conservative Party and its leadership candidates are with Canadians. They are still stuck talking about the same divisive, negative politics that Canadians rejected in 2015.
The Liberal Party will always stand with the LGBTQ2 community, because love is love – no matter who you are. But, we need your help to stop Conservatives like Brad Trost from rolling back our progress.
Information on Contributions
All Canadians with taxable income receive generous tax credits when they donate to the Liberal Party of Canada. The size of your reduction in taxes payable depends on the sum of all your political contributions.
If you have already made a contribution this year, please use the table below to calculate your cumulative tax credit.
- Donations between 0 and $400: give you a 75 per cent refund
- Donations between $400 and $750: give you $300 plus 50 per cent of any amount over $400
- Donations over $750: give you $475 plus 33⅓ per cent of any amount over $750 up to a maximum of $650 per year
Limits on Contributions
Only Canadian citizens or permanent residents may make political contributions, in each of the following amounts:
- No more than $1,650 in any calendar year to each registered political party
- No more than $1,650 in total in any calendar year to the combined entities of each registered political party (Electoral District Associations, Nomination Contestants and Candidate campaigns)
- No more than $1,650 in total between all registered leadership contestants in a particular leadership contest.
Your support helps build a better Canada. Have more questions about donating to the Liberal Party of Canada? Visit our information page about how you can contribute and support our progress for Canadians.