Dads across Canada are working hard to build a better future for their kids, families, and communities — all while bringing love, laughter, and kindness into the lives of their loved ones. In these challenging last few months, that’s also included countless Dads among the many Canadians working to keep us all healthy and safe, and we’re deeply grateful for all that you do.
Please take a moment to sign the Father’s Day card for father-of-three Justin Trudeau and all dads across Canada, with our best wishes for the year ahead!
Information on Contributions
All Canadians with taxable income receive generous tax credits when they donate to the Liberal Party of Canada. The size of your reduction in taxes payable depends on the sum of all your political contributions.
If you have already made a contribution this year, please use the table below to calculate your cumulative tax credit.
- Donations between 0 and $400: give you a 75 per cent refund
- Donations between $400 and $750: give you $300 plus 50 per cent of any amount over $400
- Donations over $750: give you $475 plus 33 1/3 per cent of any amount over $750 up to a maximum of $650 per year
Limits on Contributions
Only Canadian citizens or permanent residents may make political contributions, in each of the following amounts:
- No more than $1,600 in any calendar year to each registered political party
- No more than $1,600 in total in any calendar year to the combined entities of each registered political party (Electoral District Associations, Nomination Contestants and Candidate campaigns)
- No more than $1,600 in total between all registered leadership contestants in a particular leadership contest.