We’re now just days away from an election year, and we want to unwrap a strong start to 2019. Now’s the time to step up our game and make sure we’re ready for the campaign ahead.
If you chip in $99 or more, we’ll send you a one-of-a-kind Liberal campaign mug as a token of our thanks. Better yet, if you chip in $299 or more, we’ll send you a mug AND a limited-edition Liberal blanket!
And don’t forget that this month is your last chance to get up to 75% of your 2018 donation back in tax credits. Don’t wait!
Chip in what you can now to support Justin Trudeau and the Liberal team and ensure we’re more ready than ever before for the 2019 campaign.
Information on Contributions
All Canadians with taxable income receive generous tax credits when they donate to the Liberal Party of Canada. The size of your reduction in taxes payable depends on the sum of all your political contributions.
If you have already made a contribution this year, please use the table below to calculate your cumulative tax credit.
- Donations between 0 and $400: give you a 75 per cent refund
- Donations between $400 and $750: give you $300 plus 50 per cent of any amount over $400
- Donations over $750: give you $475 plus 33 1/3 per cent of any amount over $750 up to a maximum of $650 per year
Limits on Contributions
Only Canadian citizens or permanent residents may make political contributions, in each of the following amounts:
- No more than $1,575 in any calendar year to each registered political party
- No more than $1,575 in total in any calendar year to the combined entities of each registered political party (Electoral District Associations, Nomination Contestants and Candidate campaigns)
- No more than $1,575 in total between all registered leadership contestants in a particular leadership contest.