At a hearing dedicated to fighting online hate, Conservative MP Michael Cooper berated a witness before the Justice Committee and read parts of the Christchurch attacker’s manifesto into the record.
This type of behaviour should not be tolerated in Parliament, and Andrew Scheer must make it clear that it will not be welcome in the Conservative Party.
Cooper’s comments were gravely disrespectful, and Scheer’s response was woefully inadequate. Simply removing Michael Cooper from the Justice Committee when there are only three weeks left in the parliamentary session is insufficient. This is not showing Mr. Cooper ‘the door’ as Andrew Scheer promised he would do.
It’s time for Michael Cooper to be removed from the Conservative caucus. Add your name if you agree:
Information on Contributions
All Canadians with taxable income receive generous tax credits when they donate to the Liberal Party of Canada. The size of your reduction in taxes payable depends on the sum of all your political contributions.
If you have already made a contribution this year, please use the table below to calculate your cumulative tax credit.
- Donations between 0 and $400: give you a 75 per cent refund
- Donations between $400 and $750: give you $300 plus 50 per cent of any amount over $400
- Donations over $750: give you $475 plus 33⅓ per cent of any amount over $750 up to a maximum of $650 per year
Limits on Contributions
Only Canadian citizens or permanent residents may make political contributions, in each of the following amounts:
- No more than $1,625 in any calendar year to each registered political party
- No more than $1,625 in total in any calendar year to the combined entities of each registered political party (Electoral District Associations, Nomination Contestants and Candidate campaigns)
- No more than $1,625 in total between all registered leadership contestants in a particular leadership contest.
Your support helps build a better Canada. Have more questions about donating to the Liberal Party of Canada? Visit our information page about how you can contribute and support our progress for Canadians.