We have reached a defining moment, and if we do not act now, plastics could outweigh fish in our oceans by 2050.
Our Liberal government has stepped up as part of global efforts to reduce plastic pollution. We adopted the Oceans Plastics Charter in 2018, are investing $100 million to address plastic waste in developing countries, and banned products with plastic microbeads to protect Canadian freshwater and marine ecosystems.
Andrew Scheer and the Conservatives still have no plan to fight climate change or protect the environment. Canadians expect and deserve better.
Add your name now to support the Liberal government’s efforts to cut plastic pollution, and to protect a cleaner, healthier environment for future generations.
Information on Contributions
All Canadians with taxable income receive generous tax credits when they donate to the Liberal Party of Canada. The size of your reduction in taxes payable depends on the sum of all your political contributions.
If you have already made a contribution this year, please use the table below to calculate your cumulative tax credit.
- Donations between 0 and $400: give you a 75 per cent refund
- Donations between $400 and $750: give you $300 plus 50 per cent of any amount over $400
- Donations over $750: give you $475 plus 33 1/3 per cent of any amount over $750 up to a maximum of $650 per year
Limits on Contributions
Only Canadian citizens or permanent residents may make political contributions, in each of the following amounts:
- No more than $1,600 in any calendar year to each registered political party
- No more than $1,600 in total in any calendar year to the combined entities of each registered political party (Electoral District Associations, Nomination Contestants and Candidate campaigns)
- No more than $1,600 in total between all registered leadership contestants in a particular leadership contest.