Justin Trudeau and the Liberal team have been focused on a real plan to grow the economy, strengthen the middle class, and help Canadian families get ahead.
With the Canada Child Benefit, parents have more money each month for clothing, school supplies and more — and the Liberal government is increasing it again on July 20, 2019.
The Canada Child Benefit is:
- Giving more money to 9 out of 10 families — tax-free
- Helping lift 300,000 children out of poverty
- Providing, on average, $2,300 more per family, per year
- Stopping the Conservative practice of sending cheques to millionaires
Add your name now to stand with Justin Trudeau and the Liberal team, and show support for real progress to help Canadian families get ahead.
Information on Contributions
All Canadians with taxable income receive generous tax credits when they donate to the Liberal Party of Canada. The size of your reduction in taxes payable depends on the sum of all your political contributions.
If you have already made a contribution this year, please use the table below to calculate your cumulative tax credit.
- Donations between 0 and $400: give you a 75 per cent refund
- Donations between $400 and $750: give you $300 plus 50 per cent of any amount over $400
- Donations over $750: give you $475 plus 33 1/3 per cent of any amount over $750 up to a maximum of $650 per year
Limits on Contributions
Only Canadian citizens or permanent residents may make political contributions, in each of the following amounts:
- No more than $1,600 in any calendar year to each registered political party
- No more than $1,600 in total in any calendar year to the combined entities of each registered political party (Electoral District Associations, Nomination Contestants and Candidate campaigns)
- No more than $1,600 in total between all registered leadership contestants in a particular leadership contest.