The Liberal government is moving forward with legislation to ratify the new NAFTA – the final step in safeguarding more than $2 billion a day in cross-border trade, tariff-free access to our largest trading partner, and supporting hundreds of thousands of Canadian jobs.
For over a year, Canada negotiated hard for a modernized free trade agreement with the United States and Mexico. We got a good deal for Canadians who depend on stable, reliable trade with our largest trading partners.
This progressive trade agreement will profoundly benefit our economy and Canadian families, now and for generations to come.
That’s why we’re calling on MPs from all parties to come together to ratify the new NAFTA and keep our economy growing – to the benefit of all Canadians who depend on this agreement.
Add your name to stand up for Canadian jobs, workers, and businesses, and support ratification of the new NAFTA.
Information on Contributions
All Canadians with taxable income receive generous tax credits when they donate to the Liberal Party of Canada. The size of your reduction in taxes payable depends on the sum of all your political contributions.
If you have already made a contribution this year, please use the table below to calculate your cumulative tax credit.
- Donations between 0 and $400: give you a 75 per cent refund
- Donations between $400 and $750: give you $300 plus 50 per cent of any amount over $400
- Donations over $750: give you $475 plus 33⅓ per cent of any amount over $750 up to a maximum of $650 per year
Limits on Contributions
Only Canadian citizens or permanent residents may make political contributions, in each of the following amounts:
- No more than $1,650 in any calendar year to each registered political party
- No more than $1,650 in total in any calendar year to the combined entities of each registered political party (Electoral District Associations, Nomination Contestants and Candidate campaigns)
- No more than $1,650 in total between all registered leadership contestants in a particular leadership contest.
Your support helps build a better Canada. Have more questions about donating to the Liberal Party of Canada? Visit our information page about how you can contribute and support our progress for Canadians.