We’ve always said we’ll stand up for Canadian jobs, and Justin Trudeau and the Liberal government have done exactly that.
The recent decision from the United States to remove tariffs on Canadian aluminum and steel is important and exciting news for Canadian workers and communities across the country.
When those tariffs were imposed, the Liberal government stepped up with dollar-for-dollar retaliatory tariffs — the strongest retaliation in the world.
And when Doug Ford and Andrew Scheer told us to back down, we stood firm to protect good Canadian jobs.
Since 2015, Canadians have created more than 1 million jobs, 825,000 people have been lifted out of poverty, unemployment is at a 40-year record low, and we have a real plan to fight climate change while growing our economy.
But there is much more to do.
If you support the real progress we’ve made for Canada’s economy and Canadian workers, then we need your help in October. Let’s keep working together.
Information on Contributions
All Canadians with taxable income receive generous tax credits when they donate to the Liberal Party of Canada. The size of your reduction in taxes payable depends on the sum of all your political contributions.
If you have already made a contribution this year, please use the table below to calculate your cumulative tax credit.
- Donations between 0 and $400: give you a 75 per cent refund
- Donations between $400 and $750: give you $300 plus 50 per cent of any amount over $400
- Donations over $750: give you $475 plus 33⅓ per cent of any amount over $750 up to a maximum of $650 per year
Limits on Contributions
Only Canadian citizens or permanent residents may make political contributions, in each of the following amounts:
- No more than $1,650 in any calendar year to each registered political party
- No more than $1,650 in total in any calendar year to the combined entities of each registered political party (Electoral District Associations, Nomination Contestants and Candidate campaigns)
- No more than $1,650 in total between all registered leadership contestants in a particular leadership contest.
Your support helps build a better Canada. Have more questions about donating to the Liberal Party of Canada? Visit our information page about how you can contribute and support our progress for Canadians.