From flooding, wildfires, heat waves and other extreme weather events, Canadians are already feeling the impacts of climate change today – and science shows Canada is warming twice as fast as the rest of the world.
That’s why Justin Trudeau and the Liberal government have introduced a motion in the House of Commons to declare that Canada is in a national climate emergency.
Canada needs to support clean growth and meaningfully reduce greenhouse gas emissions in all parts of the economy – because that’s how we’ll ensure a safer, healthier, cleaner and more prosperous future for our kids and grandkids.
We’ve been hard at work for more than 2 years with a plan to deliver the ambitious climate action Canadians expect while creating good middle-class jobs. It includes:
- Investing in renewables to get to 90% clean electricity
- Putting a price on pollution
- Phasing out coal
- Making historic investments to protect our oceans and coastlines
- Supporting over 1,000 public transit projects across the country
- Investing in energy efficient buildings, and helping schools, hospitals, businesses save energy & money
We’re making important progress, but there is much more to do. Canada needs to keep taking action to cut pollution and invest in a cleaner future.
Support the Liberal motion to step up climate action, and declare that Canada is in a National Climate Emergency:
Information on Contributions
All Canadians with taxable income receive generous tax credits when they donate to the Liberal Party of Canada. The size of your reduction in taxes payable depends on the sum of all your political contributions.
If you have already made a contribution this year, please use the table below to calculate your cumulative tax credit.
- Donations between 0 and $400: give you a 75 per cent refund
- Donations between $400 and $750: give you $300 plus 50 per cent of any amount over $400
- Donations over $750: give you $475 plus 33⅓ per cent of any amount over $750 up to a maximum of $650 per year
Limits on Contributions
Only Canadian citizens or permanent residents may make political contributions, in each of the following amounts:
- No more than $1,650 in any calendar year to each registered political party
- No more than $1,650 in total in any calendar year to the combined entities of each registered political party (Electoral District Associations, Nomination Contestants and Candidate campaigns)
- No more than $1,650 in total between all registered leadership contestants in a particular leadership contest.
Your support helps build a better Canada. Have more questions about donating to the Liberal Party of Canada? Visit our information page about how you can contribute and support our progress for Canadians.