Even with Canada’s strong economy and record-low unemployment, it can be tough to make ends meet. The cost of groceries, cell phone bills, and child care all adds up.
That’s why the first order of business for Justin Trudeau and the Liberal team in this new mandate is lowering taxes again for the middle class — which will benefit nearly 20 million Canadians.
While the Conservatives spent a decade cutting taxes for corporations and the very wealthiest, the Liberal plan will ensure that middle class Canadians, and the people working to join the middle class, pay no federal taxes on the first $15,000 they earn — saving the average family $585 in taxes each year.
Plus, we’re taking action to cut the cost of cell phone services by 25% in the next two years, because everyone should have a fair and equal chance to benefit from the digital economy.
Together, we can make a real difference for those who need it the most.
Add your name now to stand with Justin Trudeau and the Liberal team, and show support for our plan to make life more affordable.
Information on Contributions
All Canadians with taxable income receive generous tax credits when they donate to the Liberal Party of Canada. The size of your reduction in taxes payable depends on the sum of all your political contributions.
If you have already made a contribution this year, please use the table below to calculate your cumulative tax credit.
- Donations between 0 and $400: give you a 75 per cent refund
- Donations between $400 and $750: give you $300 plus 50 per cent of any amount over $400
- Donations over $750: give you $475 plus 33 1/3 per cent of any amount over $750 up to a maximum of $650 per year
Limits on Contributions
Only Canadian citizens or permanent residents may make political contributions, in each of the following amounts:
- No more than $1,600 in any calendar year to each registered political party
- No more than $1,600 in total in any calendar year to the combined entities of each registered political party (Electoral District Associations, Nomination Contestants and Candidate campaigns)
- No more than $1,600 in total between all registered leadership contestants in a particular leadership contest.