Life is stressful for Canada’s young people, with real challenges around finding work and affordable housing, or paying down student debt adding a lot of financial pressure to our lives. That’s why the Liberal team wants to keep moving forward with important steps to make life better for young Canadians.
Life is already expensive, and while the Conservatives claim they’ll help you get ahead, they instead have a long history of cutting taxes for the wealthy and cutting services that young Canadians rely on.
Justin Trudeau and the Liberal Party of Canada are fighting to make life more affordable for young Canadians, through more student grants, thousands of good new jobs, and support for students struggling with debt.
Add your name to support building on the progress we’ve made, and to move forward with real action to make life easier for young Canadians like us.
Information on Contributions
All Canadians with taxable income receive generous tax credits when they donate to the Liberal Party of Canada. The size of your reduction in taxes payable depends on the sum of all your political contributions.
If you have already made a contribution this year, please use the table below to calculate your cumulative tax credit.
- Donations between 0 and $400: give you a 75 per cent refund
- Donations between $400 and $750: give you $300 plus 50 per cent of any amount over $400
- Donations over $750: give you $475 plus 33 1/3 per cent of any amount over $750 up to a maximum of $650 per year
Limits on Contributions
Only Canadian citizens or permanent residents may make political contributions, in each of the following amounts:
- No more than $1,600 in any calendar year to each registered political party
- No more than $1,600 in total in any calendar year to the combined entities of each registered political party (Electoral District Associations, Nomination Contestants and Candidate campaigns)
- No more than $1,600 in total between all registered leadership contestants in a particular leadership contest.