Did you know that Elections Canada has made it easier for Canadians to vote by mail in the 2021 election?
If you are casting your vote by mail from within your home riding, you can request your ballot now until 6:00pm EDT on Tuesday, Sept. 14, 2021, and it must be received by your local returning office by the close of polls on Election Day – Monday, Sept. 20, 2021.
Take a moment to complete this form and we will send you all the information you need to request your special ballot, to be a voter for your Liberal candidate and #TeamTrudeau.
Information on Contributions
All Canadians with taxable income receive generous tax credits when they donate to the Liberal Party of Canada. The size of your reduction in taxes payable depends on the sum of all your political contributions.
If you have already made a contribution this year, please use the table below to calculate your cumulative tax credit.
- Donations between 0 and $400: give you a 75 per cent refund
- Donations between $400 and $750: give you $300 plus 50 per cent of any amount over $400
- Donations over $750: give you $475 plus 33⅓ per cent of any amount over $750 up to a maximum of $650 per year
Limits on Contributions
Only Canadian citizens or permanent residents may make political contributions, in each of the following amounts:
- No more than $1,650 in any calendar year to each registered political party
- No more than $1,650 in total in any calendar year to the combined entities of each registered political party (Electoral District Associations, Nomination Contestants and Candidate campaigns)
- No more than $1,650 in total between all registered leadership contestants in a particular leadership contest.
Your support helps build a better Canada. Have more questions about donating to the Liberal Party of Canada? Visit our information page about how you can contribute and support our progress for Canadians.