After months of negotiations and hard work, Canada reached a new modernized free trade agreement with the United States and Mexico, the United States-Mexico-Canada Agreement (USMCA).
It’s an agreement that will be good for Canadian workers, businesses, and families and beneficial for our economy and the middle class.
Let’s keep protecting good middle class jobs for workers in our community. Say you’re voting Liberal in the upcoming by-election.
Information on Contributions
All Canadians with taxable income receive generous tax credits when they donate to the Liberal Party of Canada. The size of your reduction in taxes payable depends on the sum of all your political contributions.
If you have already made a contribution this year, please use the table below to calculate your cumulative tax credit.
- Donations between 0 and $400: give you a 75 per cent refund
- Donations between $400 and $750: give you $300 plus 50 per cent of any amount over $400
- Donations over $750: give you $475 plus 33 1/3 per cent of any amount over $750 up to a maximum of $650 per year
Limits on Contributions
Only Canadian citizens or permanent residents may make political contributions, in each of the following amounts:
- No more than $1,600 in any calendar year to each registered political party
- No more than $1,600 in total in any calendar year to the combined entities of each registered political party (Electoral District Associations, Nomination Contestants and Candidate campaigns)
- No more than $1,600 in total between all registered leadership contestants in a particular leadership contest.