Team Trudeau’s plan for Canada’s first-ever National Housing Strategy is a blueprint for:
- Reducing chronic homelessness by 50%.
- Creating 100,000 new housing units: four times more than what the previous government did during the last 10 years.
- Removing more than 530,000 households out of housing need.
- Repairing and renewing more than 300,000 housing units: three times more than what the previous government did during the last 10 years.
- Protecting an additional 385,000 households from losing an affordable place to live.
Information on Contributions
All Canadians with taxable income receive generous tax credits when they donate to the Liberal Party of Canada. The size of your reduction in taxes payable depends on the sum of all your political contributions.
If you have already made a contribution this year, please use the table below to calculate your cumulative tax credit.
- Donations between 0 and $400: give you a 75 per cent refund
- Donations between $400 and $750: give you $300 plus 50 per cent of any amount over $400
- Donations over $750: give you $475 plus 33⅓ per cent of any amount over $750 up to a maximum of $650 per year
Limits on Contributions
Only Canadian citizens or permanent residents may make political contributions, in each of the following amounts:
- No more than $1,650 in any calendar year to each registered political party
- No more than $1,650 in total in any calendar year to the combined entities of each registered political party (Electoral District Associations, Nomination Contestants and Candidate campaigns)
- No more than $1,650 in total between all registered leadership contestants in a particular leadership contest.
Your support helps build a better Canada. Have more questions about donating to the Liberal Party of Canada? Visit our information page about how you can contribute and support our progress for Canadians.