Owning a home has been out of reach for many and we want to change that. Our housing plan lays the foundations for Canadians to become homeowners.
Our plan will make housing more affordable by:
- Helping renters become owners with a new Rent-to-Own program and helping them afford a down payment faster;
- Introducing a Tax Free First Home Savings Account that will help Canadians under 40 save up to $40,000 towards their first home;
- Building, preserving, or repairing 1.4 million homes in 4 years to increase supply, making more homes available across Canada while creating jobs;
- Introducing a Home Buyers’ Bill of Rights to make buying a home more fair, including banning blind bidding, establishing a legal right to a home inspection, and banning new foreign ownership for 2 years; and
- Raising taxes on financial institutions by 3% and establishing the Canada Recovery Dividend to help contribute to Canada’s recovery.
With this plan as our blueprint, it will be easier for more Canadians to own a home than ever before.
Can Justin Trudeau count on you to support this bold, new plan for a home for everyone?
Information on Contributions
All Canadians with taxable income receive generous tax credits when they donate to the Liberal Party of Canada. The size of your reduction in taxes payable depends on the sum of all your political contributions.
If you have already made a contribution this year, please use the table below to calculate your cumulative tax credit.
- Donations between 0 and $400: give you a 75 per cent refund
- Donations between $400 and $750: give you $300 plus 50 per cent of any amount over $400
- Donations over $750: give you $475 plus 33⅓ per cent of any amount over $750 up to a maximum of $650 per year
Limits on Contributions
Only Canadian citizens or permanent residents may make political contributions, in each of the following amounts:
- No more than $1,650 in any calendar year to each registered political party
- No more than $1,650 in total in any calendar year to the combined entities of each registered political party (Electoral District Associations, Nomination Contestants and Candidate campaigns)
- No more than $1,650 in total between all registered leadership contestants in a particular leadership contest.
Your support helps build a better Canada. Have more questions about donating to the Liberal Party of Canada? Visit our information page about how you can contribute and support our progress for Canadians.