Every Canadian – no matter where you live – deserves a safe and affordable place to call home.
That’s why we’re going to make it easier for you to buy your first home.
We’re going to do that by giving you up to 10% off the purchase price with the First-Time Home Buyer Incentive.
And if you live in the greater Toronto, Vancouver or Victoria regions, we’re going to give you more help because we know housing prices are up to 60% higher for you. So if the home you want to buy is $789K or less, you’ll still qualify for the Incentive.
What did the Conservatives do? They voted against the First-Time Home Buyer Incentive and they have no plan to help address the real concerns Canadians have about being able to own your own home.
We believe in investing in you, which is why we’re taking these steps to help you make your dream of owning a home a reality.
Add your name if you agree Canadians deserve a safe and affordable place to call home.
Information on Contributions
All Canadians with taxable income receive generous tax credits when they donate to the Liberal Party of Canada. The size of your reduction in taxes payable depends on the sum of all your political contributions.
If you have already made a contribution this year, please use the table below to calculate your cumulative tax credit.
- Donations between 0 and $400: give you a 75 per cent refund
- Donations between $400 and $750: give you $300 plus 50 per cent of any amount over $400
- Donations over $750: give you $475 plus 33⅓ per cent of any amount over $750 up to a maximum of $650 per year
Limits on Contributions
Only Canadian citizens or permanent residents may make political contributions, in each of the following amounts:
- No more than $1,650 in any calendar year to each registered political party
- No more than $1,650 in total in any calendar year to the combined entities of each registered political party (Electoral District Associations, Nomination Contestants and Candidate campaigns)
- No more than $1,650 in total between all registered leadership contestants in a particular leadership contest.
Your support helps build a better Canada. Have more questions about donating to the Liberal Party of Canada? Visit our information page about how you can contribute and support our progress for Canadians.