It has now been a full year since Andrew Scheer promised Canadians he would bring forward plan on climate change… and Canadians are still waiting.
Climate action can’t wait.
That’s why Justin Trudeau and the Liberal team have a strong plan to protect a clean environment and grow the economy, and it’s working for Canadians. Pollution is no longer free, and Canadians have created nearly 900,000 new jobs since 2015.
Supported by leading scientists and economists, our plan makes polluters pay and gives the money back to people – investing directly back into the province or territory where it was raised.
If you believe in the work we’re doing, now is an important time to say so and stand with us in the fight against climate change.
Information on Contributions
All Canadians with taxable income receive generous tax credits when they donate to the Liberal Party of Canada. The size of your reduction in taxes payable depends on the sum of all your political contributions.
If you have already made a contribution this year, please use the table below to calculate your cumulative tax credit.
- Donations between 0 and $400: give you a 75 per cent refund
- Donations between $400 and $750: give you $300 plus 50 per cent of any amount over $400
- Donations over $750: give you $475 plus 33 1/3 per cent of any amount over $750 up to a maximum of $650 per year
Limits on Contributions
Only Canadian citizens or permanent residents may make political contributions, in each of the following amounts:
- No more than $1,600 in any calendar year to each registered political party
- No more than $1,600 in total in any calendar year to the combined entities of each registered political party (Electoral District Associations, Nomination Contestants and Candidate campaigns)
- No more than $1,600 in total between all registered leadership contestants in a particular leadership contest.