Every Canadian deserves a real chance at success, and the opportunity to build a better future for themselves and their families.
Since 2015, over 825,000 Canadians have been lifted out of poverty – including 300,000 children.
Justin Trudeau and the Liberal government are committed to ensuring that Canadian families have a fair chance at success by providing parents with more money to help with the high costs of raising their kids.
If you support the real progress we’ve made for Canadian children, then we need your help in October to keep moving forward.
Let’s work together to guarantee every child can have a bright future.
Information on Contributions
All Canadians with taxable income receive generous tax credits when they donate to the Liberal Party of Canada. The size of your reduction in taxes payable depends on the sum of all your political contributions.
If you have already made a contribution this year, please use the table below to calculate your cumulative tax credit.
- Donations between 0 and $400: give you a 75 per cent refund
- Donations between $400 and $750: give you $300 plus 50 per cent of any amount over $400
- Donations over $750: give you $475 plus 33 1/3 per cent of any amount over $750 up to a maximum of $650 per year
Limits on Contributions
Only Canadian citizens or permanent residents may make political contributions, in each of the following amounts:
- No more than $1,600 in any calendar year to each registered political party
- No more than $1,600 in total in any calendar year to the combined entities of each registered political party (Electoral District Associations, Nomination Contestants and Candidate campaigns)
- No more than $1,600 in total between all registered leadership contestants in a particular leadership contest.