We are in a climate crisis, and bold action on climate change can’t wait.
While climate change is the greatest long-term challenge we’re facing, it is also our greatest economic opportunity. That’s why we have a plan to create jobs, grow the economy, protect our environment, and strengthen our communities.
Our plan will:
- Create good middle class jobs in green industries and help industries adopt clean technologies to cut pollution to support workers and ensure no one is left behind.
- Support a shift to zero-emissions vehicles with $5,000 to purchase these vehicles and building over 50,000 chargers to chart a path towards net-zero building across the country.
- Lower pollution by building an entirely clean electricity grid, drive down emissions from oil and gas, and continue to phase-out coal.
As Canada recovers from the pandemic, we can’t ignore the threat of climate change, and we need to build on the progress we’ve made toward a healthier, fairer, and more resilient future.
Will you support Justin Trudeau and the Liberal plan to create a cleaner and greener future for Canadians?
Information on Contributions
All Canadians with taxable income receive generous tax credits when they donate to the Liberal Party of Canada. The size of your reduction in taxes payable depends on the sum of all your political contributions.
If you have already made a contribution this year, please use the table below to calculate your cumulative tax credit.
- Donations between 0 and $400: give you a 75 per cent refund
- Donations between $400 and $750: give you $300 plus 50 per cent of any amount over $400
- Donations over $750: give you $475 plus 33⅓ per cent of any amount over $750 up to a maximum of $650 per year
Limits on Contributions
Only Canadian citizens or permanent residents may make political contributions, in each of the following amounts:
- No more than $1,650 in any calendar year to each registered political party
- No more than $1,650 in total in any calendar year to the combined entities of each registered political party (Electoral District Associations, Nomination Contestants and Candidate campaigns)
- No more than $1,650 in total between all registered leadership contestants in a particular leadership contest.
Your support helps build a better Canada. Have more questions about donating to the Liberal Party of Canada? Visit our information page about how you can contribute and support our progress for Canadians.