The Conservatives like to say they’re for the people, but then they cut taxes for the wealthy and cut services for everybody else. In October, we’ve got a choice to make: Keep moving forward and build on the progress we’ve made, or go back to the politics of the Harper years.
Justin Trudeau and the Liberal Party of Canada have a positive plan to continue investing in our middle class, growing an economy that works for everyone, and protecting a clean environment.
Add your name if you’re ready to Choose Forward.
Information on Contributions
All Canadians with taxable income receive generous tax credits when they donate to the Liberal Party of Canada. The size of your reduction in taxes payable depends on the sum of all your political contributions.
If you have already made a contribution this year, please use the table below to calculate your cumulative tax credit.
- Donations between 0 and $400: give you a 75 per cent refund
- Donations between $400 and $750: give you $300 plus 50 per cent of any amount over $400
- Donations over $750: give you $475 plus 33 1/3 per cent of any amount over $750 up to a maximum of $650 per year
Limits on Contributions
Only Canadian citizens or permanent residents may make political contributions, in each of the following amounts:
- No more than $1,600 in any calendar year to each registered political party
- No more than $1,600 in total in any calendar year to the combined entities of each registered political party (Electoral District Associations, Nomination Contestants and Candidate campaigns)
- No more than $1,600 in total between all registered leadership contestants in a particular leadership contest.